Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Starfree Port: Under Serious Review


First Light Chronicles: Starfree Port is currently being reviewed by my editor from beginning to end. Within the next couple of days I'll know if this bird flies or if I just baked a great big turkey.

In the meantime, the editor for Fate Cycle Book I: Sins of the Past just finished a full review of the novel. That's right, I have a different editor for that series. After a minor clean up, it will be ready for a reprint through my more modern publisher who will be offering copies at a much more affordable price. I'll be glad to see that book find a new home. I will be working on the second (and final) book in that series later this year, and I'll most likely release it through the same publishing house.

One more thing about the First Light Series before I run off to work. I've enjoyed writing Starfree Port immensely and can't wait to hear my editor's opinion. I really don't have a really clear perspective on it's quality since there were three drafts in all, then a long editing process in which I removed an entire plotline. Technically, according to my own rule book of story telling, it offers everything I like in a science fiction novel. It's up to my editor to tell me if it's actually a fun read. You'll know what the verdict is moments after I do.

Just thought you'd all like an update.

RL

No comments: