Sunday, November 30, 2008

Books by Randolph Lalonde: Six Steps Back To Take Six More Foreward

The First Light Chronicles Omnibus has spent over two months in the top spot on the MobiPocket Science Fiction section. That's huge for me, it's exposed this book to hundreds of people, and every few days I get an eMail from someone whose enjoyed it and moved on to Spinward Fringe. I couldn't be happier that people enjoying my work, especially since I want little more than to entertain people for a living. I'm so very close to living that dream, to continuing my efforts full time.

That's why I'm taking a short break from working on Spinward Fringe Frontline (I know, that's not what you want to hear), to look over all the previous books and ensure that they're exactly the quality and style I need them to be before going forward into 2009. No plot points will be changed during this final edit. Frontline is still on track to be finished by the end of the year, regardless of this break, but looking back before going forward is especially important at this point, partially to ensure the quality of the plot and characterization in the new book and partially because everything will be submitted to an Amazon.com subsidiary company so all the books will be available in print for competitive cover price early in 2009.

2008 was an amazing year for me. On January 1, 2008 I started writing an unnamed science fiction novella, and eleven months later I'm working on my seventh. A few hundred people have found my work and find real enjoyment in it. There are so many possibilities from here, and there are projects under way that involve the Spinward Fringe Series that I still can't talk about.

For the few out there who heard that our family just suffered a loss and there were some personal issues, I'm very happy to reassure you that the storm is over and everyone is going to be fine. I'm back to work and we're all set to have a great couple weeks leading up to the holiday season. My editor is also very, very anxious to dig into Spinward Fringe Frontline, so you can trust there will be no delays there!

Thank you all for the bounty of support during 2008, things are looking fantastic for 2009!

No comments: