Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Family Guy: Boring.

So I've literally seen every episode of Family Guy, and I've gotta say it's only getting worse.

I remember when I really looked forward to this show. The style of humour set itself well apart and the show took risks that may have not always paid off but when they did it was truly amusing. Well, it looks like they're still taking risks, and maybe the writers see it that way but their failure rate has gone through the roof.

Instead of taking a few risks with their gags and getting laughs half the time, the risky humour barely ever pays off. It's like they've almost completely lost touch with their own method and we're all watching long, dragged out, tired filler bits and bad comedy.

It's true, writing comedy is hard, but it's sad to see a show that once had me laughing die with a whimper. I think I'll pass on next season.

RL

No comments: