Friday, December 2, 2016

Hard Copies Of Spinward Fringe Broadcast 10: Freeground Available Now!

With surprising efficiency Amazon has made Spinward Fringe Broadcast 10: Freeground available in hard copy (still paperback, but in 6x9 Trade Paperback, so larger print than normal in a library ready format).

I know, it's strange for the paper book to be available before the EBook, I did not see it coming. Normally this takes longer, but thanks to Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing Print Beta Program, this has happened. Not only that, but apparently it's not just available in the US and the UK, but in most countries where Amazon does business.

I haven't sung praises for Amazon as much as I should over the last couple years. Some of their business practices with regards to electronic publishing are downright shady, or at least counter to commonplace business practices in a negative way - in my opinion - but this new straight to print program is a step in the right direction.

Here are the stats for the book:

  • Series: Spinward Fringe (Book 12)
  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Randolph Lalonde (December 2, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1988175038
  • ISBN-13: 978-1988175034
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
  • Price (In US dollars): $14.99

Please be aware that these are not signed, but straight off the Amazon presses. For signed copies you'll have to wait until February because I don't have the time or money to get a reasonable number of copies here at the moment.

So, thank you Amazon, it looks like a bunch of these might make it onto a few shelves during the holiday season!



RL

[The release date for the EBook version is still the same, December 11. You can preorder on Amazon or any other site you like to buy your books from.]

8 comments:

Sheila Hall said...

Well this is tremendous! It has my mind working on what could be a feasible plan.
Hm, interesting. So even if I have to wait until December 11th for my e-book copy, I could have an unsigned paperback within two days. I usually buy e-books from B&N because I have a Nook, but I buy other stuff from Amazon including an occasional e-book because I can read them on my phone(not good for my eyes)as well as print books. I get expedited shipping because I'm a Prime member. February you say, hm, very interesting. :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Chomping at the bit to read this. So glade to hear it is ready.
Thanks and keep up the good work and I'll keep.buying them.

Unknown said...

Chomping at the bit to read this. So glade to hear it is ready.
Thanks and keep up the good work and I'll keep.buying them.

Unknown said...

Already bought my ebook copy. Will get it the 11th and have read it by the 12th... totally addicted to spinward. And who really needs sleep?

Anonymous said...

Is it ok to preorder the ebook on Amazon, or would you prefer we wait until the official release.

Randolph Lalonde said...

Buy the book wherever you like, whenever you like. I'm just grateful for the support, thanks!

RL

MrMagic714 said...

I've been so hungry for this new broadcast that I re-read the entire series and the novellas in anticipation. Since finishing those a month ago, I started another 13 book fantasy series. Now that that's over, I'm starving for this once more. I suppose waiting another few days won't kill me.
I'm so excited! Pre-ordered!

Cmptrwhz said...

Thank you I have pre-ordered the ebook on Amazon, can't wait for the delivery. :)