Thursday, April 10, 2008

Project Moo Revealed

There's this short non fiction book that I wrote between First Light Chronicles: Freeground and Limbo, called The Call Center Survival Guide.

It was code named Project Moo as a gag between the editor and myself, partially because I had no idea if it was any good, and partially for other inside joke reasons.

Now, it took a while, because very intelligent people are generally very busy people, thus my editor is a very busy person, but she managed to take a look at it and the verdict is in.

It's a go, I'll be giving it some more attention after I've finished the third installment of the First Light Chronicles and writing the last two chapters. After that it'll be edited and put into print. It's already been picked through legally, so there is no risk of me being fired for writing or publishing it, and frankly there are actually a number of helpful points and suggestions between the covers.

I'm glad that there's something new on the way to the shelves, but more importantly I'm glad it's a useful piece of nonfiction. If this helps anyone who is looking to work in, or is working in a call center then it was worth writing. There will be more on this as we move through the slow steps of final writing, editing then printing.

RL

No comments: