Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Glance Into The Mist


Recently I've been taking time to watch a few movies after work, just to wind down from all the voices. By voices I mean the calls that come in where I work, Teletech, a customer care center.

Anyway, movies are a great way for me to unwind, escape and let it all go. The next morning I wake up and I'm ready to write. Putting my cleansing ritual aside, the most notable movie I've seen in a little while was The Mist.

Originally a short story in a collection of short stories by Stephen King called Skeleton Crew, which I remember reading as a teenager back when I was writing and reading more horror than most people would consider healthy. If you can find a copy of that collection, and you like horror, I highly recommend it.

The movie was a good adaptation, with enough suspense, tension and just a few characters that you love to hate. There's a key point in the story where I nearly stood and cheered during a character interaction.

There are some damn good bits in this film. If you enjoy a simple horror movie that moves very smoothly from point A to point B with a few sharp surprises and great moments, go find a copy of this film and watch it with someone who won't talk all the way through it.

RL

No comments: