Monday, April 13, 2009

If I Were To Podcast, Would Anyone Listen?

So, as most of you know I'm editing Spinward Fringe Frontline. What you don't know is that I'll be recording a whole lot of dictated notes about the entire series thus far so I can keep the last 1500 pages or so straight.

I have the encyclopedia for the Spinward Fringe series, but the recordings will include everything I couldn't in the typed "guide to the books" I have roughed out. I'll be calling the recordings the "Spoiler Files", and I hadn't planned on making them available to the public.

The more public recordings will be a reading of the First Light Chronicles Freeground novella. I'll be making the chapters available here for free so you'll get a chance to hear me drone on gratis.

Recently I've had more than one request to actually podcast instead of blogging. To be honest I have no idea how that would be different from what I'm already doing in text (blogging), but if there's a demand I'll be willing to try. So, that's what the next survey will be about.

I need you to tell me if you want to hear me start talking. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings if you want everything to stay just the way it is, with me cleverly typing out every blog post and keeping things prosey. On the other hand if you want me to start podcasting instead, well, me and my production team of one could give it a go and see what happens.

So vote, vote like you've seldom voted before!

RL

No comments: