Friday, April 3, 2009

Spinward Fringe Frontline: The Cover and Progress

With 74% of voters in favour of the blue lettered Frontline cover featuring Pandem, the planet that most of the book takes place on, I think it's pretty certain that readers have told me which cover I should use. Thank you for voting everyone, you can check back soon for another poll.

So, with the cover chosen and editing well underway Frontline is a near inevitability. Unless the test readers and my editor have serious problems with the plot and character development I don't see any delays.

As I'm editing this book I'm actually rebuilding several chapters so there's even more focus on the characters and the personal challenges they face in this book. With so many characters vying for attention in this volume I'll admit it was difficult to decide on where the focus should be, but I'm confident in my decisions. I like where the story takes these characters, their journies, and even though I've written three completely prologues for this book so far I'm fairly sure I've got a good book on my hands.

So far the book is 396 pages thick, and when editing is complete I'm fairly certain it'll be over 400 pages long and the fastest paced piece of work that I've ever put out. I start reading this and have difficulty putting it down myself, so I hope that's true for everyone waiting for this volume.

There's more good news.

As Spinward Fringe Frontline wraps up several storylines, it also begins a new era in the Spinward Fringe series. When I started writing Science Fiction on January 1, 2008 I had a number of ideas and mental images that still haven't been used in the series. Not only that, but new material, new characters and ideas have all come up since then. There's so much more story to tell that I'm absolutely certain that I have enough for three more very good books, exciting books.

Beyond that there may be more. As I said over a year ago, I'm writing this series like a television series or large collection of serialized movies (which Hollywood simply doesn't know how to make), so as long as readers are interested I'll continue writing these books. Spinward Fringe Frontline is looking like a great foundation for the future and a fantastic story on its own.

There's more news coming, so stay tuned!

RL

No comments: