Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spinward Fringe Status Update: January 2010

It's difficult to talk about Book 2 and 3 in the Rogue Element trilogy because, quite frankly, they're full of spoilers. These books are tightly wound, revealing any part could actually ruin a number of surprises or the plot as a whole. Each major character goes on a significant journey and it should become evident before long that the end is nigh, so to speak.

I hear the buzz and it's telling me that a lot of people are eagerly awaiting the release of the next book. Thank you for staying interested! I'm doing my best to finish both these books on time, the first of which is due out on Feb 28, and it's looking like I'll hit that date or come very close.

There's an inherent difficulty in having a blog about writing, especially since the most current news reads as: Yup, I'm still writing!

Work continues on Spinward Fringe right along side the Sons of Brightwill, and with work on that book coming to an end shortly, things should pick up on Spinward Fringe, not that they have been moving slowly. Progress on both projects has been going well.

I've been enjoying my work on the Sons of Brightwill. Having a project in another genre has given me a clearer head where Spinward Fringe is concerned. It's like I've had a chance to stretch my legs. That brings me to my next point, what you'll be seeing on this website over the next couple of weeks.

For a while, the focus of this site will be on the Sons of Brightwill because it's finished and I'm going to have to promote that book. It's a stand alone fantasy novel. A rare thing these days as most fantasy authors like to pen trilogies or seemingly endless epics that occupy entire book shelves. For a while this site will look a bit light Brightwill central, and that's excellent news for Spinward Fringe readers. Why?

Well, if Sons of Brightwill is finished, that means I'll be working on Spinward Fringe full time again. I'm looking forward to it, and with Spinward Fringe: Fragments on its final draft, I'm excited to finish it and get it out on time. Promoting a book only takes a couple hours a day for me, the rest of the time will be spent on Spinward Fringe.

There is other work underway on getting the Spinward Fringe series in front of more readers as well, and soon, hopefully very soon, there will be some new eye candy online. Even while I've been working on the Sons of Brightwill things haven't come to a halt on Spinward Fringe, not at all.

Thank you for your support and for hanging in there while everything happens behind the scenes. This year is looking like an active one, with at least one fantasy novel and two Spinward Fringe books well on the way.

RL

If you'd like a preview of the Sons of Brightwill soon, or to get your hands on other news before anyone else, drop me an EMail.

No comments: