Friday, August 28, 2009

Spinward Fringe Fracture Release Date and Video Drive

The editor has told me that Spinward Fringe: Fracture is the best book in the series. Now that's what I call passing muster.

Aside from some minor cleanup this book is ready to go, and I expect to be performing eBook conversions this afternoon. Testing will take place tonight and the book will be out on or before August 30, 2009!

The print versions will follow in the next few weeks and I'll post more information about that as the printed copies become available on the Lulu and Amazon stores.

Now for a little bit of information about the book!

  • Spinward Fringe: Fracture is shorter than Frontline.
  • It is the fastest paced book I've ever written or read.
  • The story and dialog are written for screen and adapted for eBook format. In other words, I approached this like a film and not a book.
  • This book is written so anyone can enjoy it. Meaning that long time Spinward Fringe readers and people who have never touched one of the books can both pick it up. You don't have to read everything that's come before. I expect most readers who start with Fracture will most likely go back and start reading the previous books, however.
  • If you're concerned about waiting forever for the next part of this series, don't be. I'm writing Spinward Fringe (and nothing else), full time for the rest of the year and into 2010. All other projects are on indefinite hold.
  • My editor and I agree: This is, hands down, is my best work.
Here's a synopsis!

The crew of the Triton, a rare, Earth built Space Combat Carrier, make their way to Ossimi Station, a safe haven for independent ships and traders. In a galaxy gripped by conflict and teetering on the verge of chaos, Captain Jacob Valance and his crew will be faced with the unexpected, the unknown, and an opportunity to save thousands of lives. Will their sympathy be their undoing?

Now, here's how you can get your copy for free:

I'm creating a testimonial style trailer for the Spinward Fringe series and need your help. What I need are video clips of readers talking about the series for 30 seconds or more. What I'd like to see is a measure of enthusiasm about the series or your favourite book in the series. Here's what I need in the video:
  • You have to at one point mention Spinward Fringe.
  • I'd like you to be enthusiastic.
  • It can be taken with a decent phone cam, web cam, or any other camera I can coax a Youtube worthy video from.
  • It has to be rated PG-13.
  • The video can be taken anywhere.
  • I have to be able to hear what you're saying.
  • Try to email the video clip here: randylalonde(at)gmail.com. If it doesn't go through we'll arrange something else.
  • Don't add titles or animations please, your clip will most likely be edited.
  • In your email tell me: your name, if your comfortable with me showing the video individually or if you just want it in the trailer, and where the video was taken.
What will I do with your video? I'll clip it together with other videos I recieve and create a testimonial trailer for the series. Some clips may not be used right away. I may show your video on its own unless you tell me you would rather it was only used for the trailer.

When I recieve your video I'll send you a link to the eBook with a code that will make the price of Spiwnard Fringe: Fracture $0.00. If I recieve more than 10 videos I can use I'll conduct a random drawing for 3 free printed books on September 30, 2009 and those three submitters will recieve a printed copy of any of my books for free!

Before I go, I'd like to thank all the readers so far. Without you this big step forward wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be doing this full time and this book would not have come into being. I'd probably still be working on Spinward Fringe: Triton. So, once again, thank you for all your support!

There's a lot going on with the Spinward Fringe series right now, so check back for more information soon.

RL

[What do you think of the new cover? The Video Drive? The book details?]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for writing so fast, I've just purchased Fracture and I can't wait to read it.
Keep it up!

Randolph Lalonde said...

My pleasure! I'm sitting down and working on the rest of this trilogy today, and I hope you enjoy Fracture!