Monday, February 18, 2008

The Copies Are In!


This morning I woke up, checked the shipping status on the books on their way from Lulu to discover that they were somewhere in Sudbury. I checked to see if there was a delivery attempt tag on my door and came face to face with the man who had my books! I wrestled the box out of his hands, disarmed him(he kept waving his pen at me!), and when I took up a fighting pose with his pen at the ready he ran off!

So, upon opening the box I discovered that the books (First Light Chronicles Freeground) look great, Lulu did a fantastic job on printing a nice glossy black cover and a very easy to read interior.

Special thanks to the people who pre-ordered your copies, you should have them in your hands in the next couple days (as I can meet with you or ship them overnight). With the proof checked out and the printed edition in great shape, I say to you; if you're interested in buying a copy, please drop me an email, and tell your friends! If you order it from me it comes signed, i fyou order it from Lulu, which I don't mind at all you'll get a nice, fresh copy, or you could always order a digital download for $5.00 and avoid waiting. Ah, the wonders of modern technology!

Back to work on Act 2 of this saga, which is almost finished. Looks like I'll be finishing the first draft this Friday and then I'll be editing it for a week and doing a second and third draft right after.

In all seriousness, I'm amazed that the journey from starting work on this story to seeing a copy in print only took six weeks. It's a joy to see my favorite work treated well by my new publisher and made available to the few people who are interested in experiencing my work. My first novel didn't go nearly as well or quickly. Boo for Trafford Publishing and their $1000.00-$2500.00 publishing packages, slow work and poor internal communication. Hurrah for Lulu, their free publishing service, responsive support team, and speedy service.

As for the blog itself, stay tuned! There are multiple scathing articles about the entertainment industry to come as well as some head scratchy kind of commentary about random things.

Stay tuned!

RL

No comments: