Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Light Chronicles Omnibus Hits Number 1!

The collection of the First Light Chronicles books (Freeground, Limbo and Starfree Port) has hit number one on the Science Fiction sales charts on MobiPocket.com. For anyone not familiar with that site, it's an eBook retail outlet online that's based out of France. They're owned by Amazon, and have a good number of loyal customers who use the mobi format for their eBook mobile devices.

This is a big deal. It doesn't mean that I'm selling thousands of copies, but every day new people are discovering this series, and the follow up book (Spinward Fringe Resurrection), is starting to sell as well. It all helps me work towards my goal of writing full time on a permanent basis. I'm no where near that yet, but I'm getting closer every day thanks to the people who enjoy my work.

I can only hope that everyone enjoys the Spinward Fringe (the continuing science fiction series) and Fate Cycle (fantasy) series' as well. If I've done my job right the plot, characterization and overall feel of the books will get better as people read on.

I'm known for liking my own work. That's why I have a good editor, she keeps me grounded. With that in mind, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this Omnibus has made it to number one, but I am. Frankly I love what I did with the three short books within it's covers, but I have to say in all honesty; you ain't seen nothin' yet. The story continues from this book into the Spinward Fringe Series, and I truly believe Resurrection, Awakening and the upcoming Triton books are a vast improvement over the novels in the First Light Chronicles. So if you're enjoying the Omnibus right now, rest assured the story gets even better and I try even harder to entertain my audience. It's what I live for, after all.

Thank you for your support, as an independent writer you people decide how well or how badly my career goes. I hope you enjoy reading my work as much as I enjoyed writing it.

RL

No comments: