Thursday, July 3, 2008

Starfree Port: Work on this book comes to an end this weekend.

I've sent the first half of this book to my editor, and after looking over it again myself, I'm making some minor modifications and moving on to the second half of the book.

Here's the thing. I'm leaving the decision on whether or not to split this book into two episodes to him. Once R.A.I. is finished reading it and gets back to me, we'll see what happens. If it were television there would be no question that this first half of the third book would be a stand alone one hour episode, but in print the rules are a little different. As someone very dear to me once said; "Some things work on television, but not in print." Well, that's true for a lot of reasons, but I'm really enjoying this work, so I trust his opinion more than my own.

The good news is that the editing and re-writing goes on, and by the end of this weekend the second half of book three will be finished. What I'm editing right now grows the story, characters and universe a great deal and I'm happy with it.

If I weren't enjoying this plot line and the characters so much I would not still be picking through it line by line, making sure that the conclusion to this plot line comes out perfectly.

Sadly, as a result of the hours I'm putting in on editing, blogging is slowing down a bit, but I promise to check in, and there is some interesting news coming.

Back to work I go!

RL

No comments: