Friday, August 1, 2008

First Light Chronicles: Omnibus

Definition: om·ni·bus [om-nuh-buhs,buh s] - a volume of reprinted works of a single author or of works related in interest or theme.

In this case, it's the collection of the First Light Chronicles. Now that I'm finished with that series and well into the next, I thought it was time to put the collection out.

A couple other things have been done. Working with a new editor I gave all three books (Freeground, Limbo and Starfree Port), a final run through. The final edit extends to the EBooks as well as all the printed versions.

The three books will be available through download seperately, but the Omnibus will not. The EBooks will always be sold seperately, mostly because no one would save money if they were combined anyway.

The printed books have also been submitted to Amazon.com, so in the next 6-8 weeks they may become available there as well. There aren't any plans to offer the Omnibus on Amazon.com, anyone who wants it will have to come here or visit my Lulu.com Marketplace.

I've only had one person read all three books back to back (over the course of 3 days), and she had a lot of good things to say. Considering how seriously I take the opinion of this person, I was completely blown away. I'm absolutely overjoyed to offer this to everyone who may be new to my work in science fiction.

I had a fantastic time writing these, and even though it's a complete set of three books, I thought you'd like to know that the story continues on past the initial trilogy. I say this so you know that when you get to the end of the third book in the First Light series there are more books.

More news on the new series, Spinward Fringe, coming soon.

Enjoy!

RL

P.S.
The First Light Chronicles: Freeground EBook is still available for free!

No comments: