Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Survey: Who is your favorite Spinward Fringe character?

As I close in on writing the last few chapters of the last draft of Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments, more and more readers are starting the series and catching up. People who enjoy the First Light Chronicles Omnibus tend to finish the rest of the books in about a week.

I can read the average novel in an afternoon or two, and I realize the Broadcasts are relatively short, but I'm still surprised every time someone emails or leaves a comment telling me that they finished everything in a few days. Recently I got a laugh when someone told me they spent a weekend in "an eBook coma" while reading the First Light Chronicles Omnibus. A few readers have read all the books several times over, in fact.

I think this is the right time to ask a question that I hope people are interested in answering. Who is your favorite Spinward Fringe character?

I'll be writing a Spinward Fringe book centering around that character after I've finished with my concrete plans. By now everyone knows I'm going to be wrapping up most of the ongoing plot lines in the Rogue Element Trilogy (Broadcasts 5, 6 and 7), so this gives me a unique opportunity to give the readers a chance to choose.

So, it's time for you to decide which character I'll be putting at the center of one of the future books. I'm looking for a clear leader, so conspiracies and collusion are strictly encouraged.

Thank you for your emails, comments, votes and for reading. Real progress is being made towards finishing Broadcasts 6 and 7.

RL

Now go click your favourite!

No comments: