Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Votes Keep Coming In...

It's pretty nice to hear that the majority of your readers prefer your main character. So far Jake (Jacob Valance), is the clear leader with over 40% of the votes. Lucious Wheeler, the most mentioned villain in the series, judging from what I read in emails, is the least favorite character.

Alice is in second with 21% of the votes, which is slightly surprising.

A few people have been asking why Ayan, Frost and Stephanie aren't listed in the favorite character poll. The answer is simple, really. Stephanie was a central character in Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton, and Ayan is at the center of the whole Rogue Element Trilogy (Broadcasts 5, 6 and 7). As for Frost, well, I thought about including him in the list, but I honestly don't think the world is ready for a book about Shamus Frost. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So, what's going on with Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments? I'm drafting towards the end quickly, my editor can't wait to dig in, and I'm hoping to be at the end of this draft by the middle of next week. Editing and proofing will most likely take a month or longer, depending on notes from my editor.

I think it's turning out well, and things are looking good for Broadcast 7, even though whole chunks of that book have found their way into Broadcast 6. I'm really enjoying this final draft, and I can't wait to make it available. We're all working at a good pace to make that happen in June.

Until then, I hope the votes keep coming in, and there's another poll ready for when this one ends.

RL

[EDIT: My deadline for my first edit of this book has been pushed up to May 28. That means I have to have it in my editor's hands on that day. More info on that in a post this weekend.]

No comments: