Saturday, April 2, 2016

No Call Centre Movie - It was an April Fool's Gag


This is a retraction for a post announcing that The Call Centre Survival Guide was being adapted into a major motion picture. Read the gag here: http://randolphlalonde.blogspot.ca/2016/04/call-centre-survival-guide-to-become.html

I apologise to anyone who was genuinely overjoyed at the announcement, thank you for your well-wishes and support!

The Call Centre Survival Guide is real, it's something I actually published, so is the story about the trainer who bought 20 copies. The movie deal, and the screenplay aren't, however.

I have been noodling over the idea of a comedy novel set in a call centre, maybe something with weight of social commentary behind it as well. I think it would make a great 21st century movie about the modern workspace and how cheeky yet easily offended we've become, so I can't say there's nothing there.

I hope a few of you had a chuckle at the story, the notion, and the gag. If you take a closer look at the post, you'll notice that it's categorised and labelled as "April Fools Joke" so it was definitely there for people to find.

One disclaimer for everyone:

I would never joke about a status update on Spinward Fringe, Brightwill, or Dark Arts. The only reason why I went through with this is because The Call Centre Survival Guide has been an out of print book for seven years. One almost no one has heard of, so I had a little fun.

Now, what will I do for next April?

RL

1 comment:

CrashRabbit said...

I think for next April you should part that there won't be a new spinward fringe book for at least a year. Then on April 2nd publish the next three books all at once! Kidding... Lol ;-)