Thursday, February 21, 2008

First Light Chronicles Act 2 is in Draft 2


So, I'm back at that point again. In the first draft of First Light Chronicles Freeground, I wrote a very quick rough draft as a framework, and then rewrote it using some of the better bits of the original. I ran it through two edit passes after that and there we have the paperback edition.

Now I'm in the same place with First Light Chronicles Act 2, only there's a strong framework that has to support not just Act 2, but Act 3 as well. The writing of Act 2 has become a thing with it's own life, and it's expanding. As though it took a really, really deep breath and refuses to exhale until I admit that I've written a good chunk of Act 3 as well.

So, I'm very happy to say that I'm stepping back a pace, and starting work on Draft 2 of Act 2, and it's still the most fun I've had since I was about nine.

RL

No comments: