Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Sarah Connor Chronicles must be cancelled!

A rant:

You know, I'm writing this from way up north in Canada, and couldn't be further from real North American entertainment decision makers while still being in North America. Still, I sometimes wonder what the hell the CEO's and Producers who make decisions in our crappy continental entertainment capitol (I'm talking about LA, not Vancouver), are thinking, drinking, smoking or huffing.

I found myself wondering just that as I watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot early last summer. Not only was it terrible, but it included some fantastic acting professionals and was filmed by a fantastic crew. Half the speaking parts were played by actors who could easily be center points for their own shows, had other projects available to them, and are completely and utterly wasted on this over used Terminator franchise. I am so over robots from the future!!! I'd rather see these actors participating in a Gilligan's Island remake! At least they'd be doing something that everyone knew and loved, not the ugly little stepsister intellectual property of sci-fi!

Okay, down to the point. Think waaaay back to the original Knight Rider series. There was this actress who was in almost every episode, she did repairs and work on the hero car; K.I.T. C'mon, you remember her, don't you? Okay, so you don't. Here's why.

The studio used the best actors they could find for the show all around and even though she had her own successful career already, could easily have held her own as a lead actress in another program, they put her behind actors with bigger egos and more to prove. No one remembers her, not because she wasn't very good, but because she was misused in that part. A badly trained chimp could have played her part and made the show more interesting.

My point is that bad roles tend to submerge good actors into failure and obscurity. This is the main reason why they have to cancel The Sarah Connor Chronicles, because if they don't, the only one who will hire any of these actors after they're finished the show is Joss Whedon, sadly another genius that Fox doesn't listen to. (Go buy a Serenity DVD!)

Thank you for reading my rant, if you agree and want to see The Sarah Connor Chronicles canceled, go find an old LED or microchip of any kind that weighs less than half an ounce, plop it into an envelope and mail it to:

sarah connor chronicles
P.O. Box 900
Attn: FOX BROADCASTING Publicity Dept.
Beverly Hills, CA 902130900

and slip a note inside saying:
CANCEL SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES!! NO MORE ROBOTS FROM THE FUTURE!!

I think I'll mail all the parts to my old Amiga 500...

There, I feel better now.

No comments: