Friday, March 14, 2008

First Light Chronicles General Status Update



Well, there's some news regarding the First Light Chronicles series, and it's all good!

The first real shipment of the first novella in the series; Freeground has come across the border at Fort Erie, Ontario according to UPS, so copies may be in Sudbury on time for Easter. In that same box are advance copies of the second novella in the series: Limbo. I'm anxious to see that one in print, especially since it's so completely different from the first and there are people who are in real need of a copy. How much people like the first book still stupefies me, but not for long, thankfully.

Almost all the advance copies of the second novella are spoken for so if you want one, you'd better email me quick otherwise you'll have to order your own copy from Lulu.com or wait until I order more copies in.

The third First Light novella is coming along well. Again it's something completely different. It's called First Light Chronicles: Starfree Port. A couple people have been watching the blog for progress on the book, and I realize it's been 'stuck' at 30% for a few days now but that's not because there isn't more work going into it. It's growing, fast, and to be honest I'm not quite sure how big this book will be. It's taking more space to tell this story and it's a good one as far as I'm concerned. The final size of this book is difficult to estimate, so I've decided not to estimate it at all. There's a lot of character development here, I'm giving all the important personalities time to breathe, and it's lending a lot of depth to the plot.

Instead of giving you an estimate on how far along I am into the first draft I'll tell you when I'm finished writing it. At this pace, it may only take another week or so. Once this is finished I'll start work on Black Abandon, which is the stand alone novel based in the First Light universe. You'll have to wait for more details, but I'll give you a big old hint: people who read the first three novellas will have a perfectly clear idea as to how important Black Abandon will be to the entire series. That's all I can tell you about that right about now, I might have even said too much already.

Sadly, I haven't been paying much attention to the entertainment world lately since writing is so much more fun right now. There won't be any interesting tidbits or scathing points of view for a bit, at least not until I feel like I need a twenty minute breather from writing. For those of you who check in for a bit of entertainment news and the like, you can look forward to a couple book reviews in the near future. I'm reading some interesting stuff these days, and I plan on filling you in.

Now I'm off to sleep, time to pay some attention to that mad sock puppet show that plays in my head every night. I'm cheering for the frayed around the edges faded sock this evening.

RL

Oh, and go check out www.nerdetechguy.com, truly a solid blog. It's well written and has a ton of very useful real world info, such as; "Will I be able to type on this really tiny laptop I'm looking at?" His most recent posting involves a question that I've been mulling over for a while, actually; "What do you think about refurbished items?" Go see his site, go now.

No comments: