Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Day I Would Rather Forget...


Last night I came home from work to find that a big leak had opened up in my ceiling. Normally not a big deal, just call the landlord, get him to come fix that up. The problem was that this leak spewed winter water directly onto my desk. I swear not a drop dripped anywhere else, just my desk.

The good news is that nothing I had written was lost, the water missed my computer by no more than 12 inches. The bad news is that my lcd and crt monitors are toast along with my keyboard and a couple USB keys. Just enough damage to hurt, but not enough to warrant paying the insurance deductible. I'm writing on an old 15" monitor right now, by the way.

I'm happy to say that regardless of all that drippy dreariness I still wrote this morning, I will be working on the third installment of First Light Chronicles this Thursday and Friday RIGHT AFTER I GO GET A LAPTOP!!

Anyhoo, all is well, I'm alive, and my brain is as sticky with ideas as ever. In fact, I think I'll include a natural disaster in one of the next few books I put out. Watch for it, I'm going to kill a lot of people. Like, a lot. Probably a character you like. I'll feel better.

RL

Water bad.

No comments: